Wednesday 11 August 2010

dessert fetish

Recently I have been fascinated with desserts, despite the fact that I don't really like desserts. Don't you agree that desserts always look so pretty and enticingly delicious? I find myself attracted to good looking desserts, whether it is the actual thing or on covers of magazines.



At my last visit to Kino, I bought this new food mag called "Yummy" purely becos' it had this super pretty berry panacotta photo on the cover! Of course I just had to try my hands at it. It's not the easiest to make but it's oh-soooo pretty!! Won't your guests be impressed with you kitchen skills with this one?!



Another crowd-pleaser is of course chocolate based desserts. I tried this chocolate cherry fondant cake recipe from Donnay Hay's 50th anniversary issue for a dinner party lately. And oh it's such a rich soft choc bundle with cherries in the centre, served warm with vanilla ice cream and brandy-glazed* cherries and sauce. Mmmmmm.....



* There's a funny story behind this. Was about to make the brandy-glazed cherries when I realised that the bottle of brandy was missing from the liquor counter. "Where's the brandy" - I exclaimed! "Eh I finished it" - said the hubs sheepishly. So had to substitute with tia maria which was ok too :)

P/S: Watch this space for more desserts to come!

No comments: