Monday 8 February 2010

sunday best

I was totally ecstatic to land my hands on a box of giant scallops from Hokkaido that was on sale at NTUC and went trigger happy in the kitchen last Sunday! Treated the hubs and myself to Pan-seared Bacon-wrapped Scallops, served with Chilli Pasta. Words cannot describe how this taste but if I have to sum it up in one word it'll be amazing! The hubs took a peep while I was cooking and commented it looked so professional. He even suggested that I should take part in Masterchef if it ever comes to sg hehe! Ok enough of rattling here's the evidence. Scallops was pan-seared in butter with dash of olive oil, while pasta was boiling in another pot. Remove scallops when cooked, then stir fry some garlic, bacon and diced mushroom (or whatever ingredients you fancy) and the pasta in the scallop-jus with a dash of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and dash of Italian herbs.

No comments: