Sunday 3 April 2011

happy birthday emma

Dear little Emma finally got to celebrate her 1st birthday today after the family, herself including, got hit by the pox. It was a purple and pink piglet theme party. And thanks to her lovely parents, my pals H & J, and their faith in me, I finally got to do my first cake and candy bar! After a breakbreaking Saturday of baking and decorating, I completed 72pcs of cupcakes in 3 flavours (choc-berry sweetheart, berry sundae and rose sugee) and a 3-layered choc and strawberry cake with choc frosting for this birthday girl to cut. I had heap-loads of fun conceptualising and doing the decor part of the cakes the most!
 
With help from the hubs, we managed to set up Emma's cake and candy bar. It was simply gratifying just to see the smiles and reactions from the adults. But even more so when I saw the looks on the kids faces the minute J said grab a bag and fill it with the sweets you like and the kids went wild! Ok enough said. Here's some shots from the day.

 
Happy Birthday Emma!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha,, my dear niece, u shd indeed start a delicatessen shop - u will indeed be a success :)

The Pseudo Designer said...

Your cupcakes look better than those on DC Cupcakes leh...

Jayda Maan said...

You made my Emma's birthday a huge success. Can't thank you enough babe!