Monday 11 January 2010

just a couple of cupcakes

I've always adored looking at the pretty cupcakes at bakeries however sadly most of them are pretty to look at but dry on the inside. So one day or night rather, I thought I'll give it a shot at baking my own cupcakes. Ok before I proceed any further I must confess that I suck at baking. I've tried my hand at baking cakes before and was never successful. I recall back in secondary school, the rock buns I made at home econs class was so hard that they failed to break into pieces when thrown against the wall (trust me my bro & I really tried it)! Thus, ever since I thought better stay far away from baking. But with my new-found confidence in the kitchen kicked, and majorly due to boredom at home alone one night, as well as pushed by the fantastic cupcake cover issue of a Donna Hay mag starring at me from the coffee table - I gave it a shot and viola!! Here's the pics from my 1st cupcake bake-out...
looking good...batch of "naked" strawberry cupcakes with chopped almonds strawberry & cream cupcake (cream cheese) - recipe thanks to porkonyourfork batch of "naked" nutella cupcakes nutella cupcakes with chocolate frosting, topped with half of a real cherry

2 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

these were the muffins u brought to Huge's place right? YUMS.......

Fern Green said...

yesss these were the ones u had at eujin's :)