Sunday 30 May 2010

baking 101



Rainbow Roll (R): Chocolate Roll (L)

As you all know I recently went for a short baking course at Creative Culinaire. It was a basic class consisting of 4 classes, which I learnt to bake batter type cakes (butter) and chiffon type cakes.

Pandan Chiffon Cake

Traditional Pandan Chiffon

Personally I prefer chiffon types as it is a lot lighter and uses no butter, so friendlier for the waistline too :)

And the last lesson we learnt how to dress the cake up. We also learnt how to make this interesting checkered-board style cake, which looks so pretty when sliced up.



Checkered Pandan Kaya



Traditional Black Forest

There's the intermediate course. No I'm not going for it now. Maybe later in the year perhaps. In the meantime, I'll be practicing more of these I've learnt.

No comments: