Wednesday 5 May 2010

mooore macaroons

Pistachio & Raspberry Macaroons!! Rows of baked Pistachio shells just outta the oven
Pistachio filled with hazelnut
Raspberry filled with 4-berries jam
Made another 2 new batches of macaroons last weekend. Pistachio and Raspberry. My personal fav of the 2 is Raspberry as the sweetness of the shell is balanced off by the tarty 3-berries jam that I used for the filling. Had some feedback that the macaroons were too sweet. But I have news for you guys, 2 types of sugar goes into the making of the shell...so go figure! I guess that not only explains the sweetness but also the tiny size and prices of macaroons! It's meant to be savoured and not swallowed people! P/S: I just started my basis baking course at Creative Culinaire. No macaroons is not in the syllabus but it's definitely an eye-opener for me just from lesson 1. Looking forward to lesson 2 next week where we'll be learning to make chiffon cakes :)

No comments: